Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Throat Hurts on One Side

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Throat Hurts on One Side

From 2 days ago i started having a sore throat on the right side of my throat. I only feel the pain when i swallow food/saliva. If i dont swallow there is no pain. I had a dental cleaning 4 days ago and i had extreme bleeding of my gum because they were very infected. But the Dental Hyg took care of it. I dont know if its related or not but what do you guys think is the problem here. I can't see my family doctor until Monday so i dont know what i should do. I dont have any other cold/clue symptoms. ""By the way i have a something like a mouth ulcer on the same side on the gum beside my wisdom teeth buts its far from my throat i dont think its causing it or maybe it is.""
Hi there,
   I have read so much on this stuff and I am having the exact same problem. I know you posted a long time ago so maybe you have figured out what it is and you can help me. I have pain on the right side of my neck. My gland is bigger on that side and it almost feels like some times there is a lump stuck on that side of my throat. It hurts more when I swallow. Sometimes my ear hurts as well. I had a strep test done it was negative. I thought maybe it could be acid reflux so I have been prescribed meds but my throat is no better. Been to the doc like 5 times. He sais if I have to come back again which I am that I will have to get a scope done. I have also heard of a thing called eagles syndrome so I will ask bout that and I believe you have to get a CT scan to determine that. I will keep you posted. But I am in fear everyday that it could be cancer and if it is than the longer I wait the worse that could get or be.
Tessa