Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Throat Muscle Strain
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Throat Muscle Strain

I am into MMA and me and a group of guys do some light grappling sessions once a week or so, and just last week during of my grappling sessions I was choked out pretty badly.  I've noticed that after the grappling session was over, i noticed some pain up my throat.  I was wondering if you could actually pull or strain a throat muscle through getting choked like how you would get a dead leg when struck or pulling your hamstring running too hard.      
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Edit: To add...the pain is right below my chin, right above the adam's apple.
Blank
1061534_tn?1276705661
There are several small muscles that could be affected.  About where you are indicating is something called the Hyoid bone to which several muscle attach.  There are a few possibilities here.  The Hyoid bone could be broken, a tendon or muscle could be bruised/strained, even your voice box could be bruised.  Given how long it has been since the injury occured, this would not likely get worse or cause any airway/swallowing problems.  The treatment for any of the conditions I listed would be observation and NSAIDs.  My disclaimer would be to see a doctor in person to be sure!
Blank
hey, im worried because i feel something bothering me in my throat. I feel it mostly when i swallow but it doesnt bother me when i eat. I dont feel pain or anything like that but im still worried cause i have been feeling it fir about 3 months now. I first felt it when one day i yelled alot and felt something being pulled from my throat. Can it be a throat muscle strain ?? i went and checked with a doctor but he told me that it was nothing. thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank