Throat tightness after exercise
After intense exercise, I get throat tightness, difficulty swallowing, and what feels like blockages in my sinuses.  I have been diagnosed as a mild asthmatic, and also with reflux disease.  I am always careful to make sure there is no food in my stomach when I exercise (generally its in the form of about an hour bike ride).  Sometimes these symtoms can also be accompanied by a rapid heartbeat, and for up to five hours of having a hard time fully inhaling.  Is all of this asthma-related?  I am female, forty-five years old, and have been healthy all my life (although I have asthma since I was a kid).  I do not smoke, and try to drink plenty of water and eat (relatively) well.  The symptoms seem to be getting worse with age, and the doctor seems pretty unconcerned.   Just tells me to keep up the medicine (take both Symbicort and albuterol).  I control the reflux with diet.  Any suggestions/comments would be most appreciated.  Thanks so much
From my personal experience your symptoms sound similar to those related to vocal chord paralysis......you can have that checked by an ENT I believe.   Voacl chord paralysis does not just affect the voice.   And it can come on graudally over years and be idiopathic.  And I must state this is not a medical opinion!