Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Throat trouble

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Throat trouble

22 year old male I have had the feeling of something in my throat for two months. I also have some very thick white mucus in my throat that is difficult to clear. During the day I can usually ignore the feeling but it tends to worsen at night. There is no throat pain nor do I feel sick. Sometimes it's hard to swallow food and it seems like i can't drink fluids as fast as I used to I have a dr. Appt. on Friday just tryin to figure out what to expect.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Your symptoms can be explained by many causes. The commonest cause is sore throat. A lump in throat feeling can be due to throat condition or digestive tract condition. It is best to see an Ear, Nose, and Throat specialist to determine whether there is a growth or swelling in your throat. Any obstruction at the level of the esophagus can also give rise to these symptoms. Gastro esophageal reflux disease, globus hystericus are few other possibilities. You need complete medical evaluation and may be endoscopy to rule out reflux. See a physician. He may further refer you to a concerned specialist.
Best luck and regards!