Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Throat

Started out 15 days ago with a sore throat, vertigo, off and on with plugged nose every day and pressure in the ears, itching in ears.  Yesterday the back of my tongue became very sore to the touch.  Eyes watered to swallow it hurt so bad (glands not swollen).  Didn't sleep last night from pain.  Went to clinic as walk in and they did strep test, WBC, listened to my breathing and looked at my throat and ears.  Said everything looked fine and it was likely a viral infection that needed to run it's course.  Has anyone ever had this where your tongue hurts so bad that you don't want to move it (it is numb in front pain on back of tongue)?  Using Enbrel for psoriasis, Arthrotec for arthritis, Enjuvia (HRT).   I do not smoke.  Quit four years ago.