Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Thrush tongue?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Thrush tongue?

I have posted many times on the herpes forum believe what I had going on was herpes though I never really asked about thrush. I have these red "sores/spots" on my tongue that gets this white gunk looking stuff on it/around it and goes away in a day but leaves the red spots. I am going to see the Dr again this Friday so I wanted to ask before hand on here to see if someone knew the answers I have. So, my questions are:
1. Does thrush have to cover the whole tongue or big patches of the tongue or can it just be on the edges of the tongue/tip of it?
2. Is thrush able to come and go after 3 days and continue for weeks? Anotherwords, it shows up, goes away after 3 days, then a day or two later comes back in the same areas of the tongue.
3. Can the bacteria that causes thrush cause the eyes to become red and irritated if the bacteria was on the fingers at the time of insertion of contacts?
4. Does thrush cause a slight burning sensation?
5. Can the gums become swollen that lasts for about a week?