Tingling Throat
Hi, hopefully you can help me with a query.

For the last four weeks I have had a strange sensation in my throat. The only way I can describe it is that it feels like I've been screaming at a concert or shouting and that tingling you get afterwards....well I got that!

Two things spring to mind....I had Gonorrhea two months ago and got treatment and got cured of it. But could it still be that? They never said I had it it the throat but I've heard you can get it on there...secondly, this has caused me a lot of anxiety over catching HIV, so could this be anxiety? (I suffer with anxiety anyway- but this sensation is new)

I spoke to a nurse at my doctors surgery and she said I should just leave it a little longer and see if it goes as I am showing no other signs of an acute infection (i.e. fever, coughing up mucus etc)

Any suggestions?
I think you could do better in a forum related to the diseases you are concerned about, perhaps:
http://www.medhelp.org/forums/HIV--Living-With/show/97
I would Jerry, but I've tested negative for anything. So just wondering if anybody knows what it is on this forum...
I too have had this tingly, fluttery feeling in the upper part of my throat. It almost feels like the beginning of the gag reflex starting, but doesn't go further. It's the most annoying, troubling sensation.

I'm having a hard time discerning whether it's lower sinus or upper throat, but definitely feels associated to the whole gag reflex mechanism, uvula..something along those lines. I never got this from yelling or screaming, so I have nothing 'normal' to relate it to, new sensation for me.

For me it started with a twinge once or twice then became more constant. It's been about 3 weeks now I've had it. Wonder since your post is so recent if it's some weird virus going around. I realize we're on different continents, but with as much as people travel I'm sure we all share the same viruses and such at this point.

I just hope it goes away soon. Let me know how you're getting on and I'll do the same.

Well I went to the docs and he said he couldn't see any sign of infection or irritation. But he said it could be acid that I am producing due to anxiety. He gave me some tablets and it went for a little while but now its back :(

So I'm gonna have to go back to the doctors. He said he may have to send me to an ENT specialist. My course of tablets runs out next week so I'll probably go after that.
I'm sorry what he gave didn't work,, but...Interestingly, I had a deep, deep tissue massage on the back of my neck a day before this started for me. So I started to wonder if that was somehow related, since there are so many nerves in the neck that affect the rest of the body.

I had my boyfriend rub those same spots at the back of my neck very hard, (until I was bruised!) and it let up significantly! I did feel a hint of it here and there the following few days, so I did lots of self rubbing to the neck and stretching. Now, it's basically gone. The only time I notice anything similar to that sensation is when I am having a particularly bad allergy day and the post nasal drip is in abundance.

So, I'm guessing it's some sort of nerve issue in the throat. And I'm guessing some of those nerves can be reached through the upper back of the neck. Have someone give you a deep massage in the upper back of your neck when you're flared up and see if it makes a difference...I'd love to hear how that worked for you. Hopefully we're on to something.