Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Tingling sensation after eating......

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Tingling sensation after eating......

Hi there,

I'm a 22 year old female and have no medical conditions that i know of. For quite a while on and off i have been getting this strange tinging sensation through my tongue and throat after i eat a meal. Its alsmot like a swelling feeling, however my throat and tongue do not swell up, i can swallow fine. I have noticed it happens more if i have gotten really really hungry before i eat.

Tonight i have looked in my mouth and shone a light in there as it happened again tonight, and my uvua is sort of pointing forwards instead of hanging downwards? ? I don't think its an allergy, ive never had any food allergies, and it doesnt seem to be after a particular kind of food.

Any idea what it could be? I have no idea and am very confused :s

Even though you said you don't have them, I would be concerned about a food allergy or insensitivity.  Otherwise, this is a rather odd symptom...

Uvula pointing forwards?  You mean like pointing straight forwards in the air?  Could it have simply been stuck up against the roof of your mouth?
It was like the base of the uvula was swelled so it was pushing it forwards and outwards, so it wasnt dangly at all, just pointing out. Definitely not stuck to the roof of my mouth.

I suppose i should take a trip to the doc, but i just wondered if anyone else had experience something similar, its seems really strange. Got the tingling again when i ate my evening meal tonight, although it wasnt as much as some other times.
I still have no answer to this, the doctor didnt seem concerned about it, he just said try not to leave it as long in between meals/snacks. He had no explanation for my symptom though.

It doesn't really bother me that much, doesnt cause me any problems, but i just wish i knew what it was.
I had  never had any food allergy or intolerance before last year - from what Ive read you can  become intolerant to the foods you eat the most - keep a food diary - try to eat food that has nothing added like meat - not packet meat - no perservatives at all and see if it still happens. I am still trying to identify all foods that cause my tickly/vibrations in the throat.
I, have just had this happen to me!  i was eatting a hersheys kiss, when all of a sudden my throat started burning!  I shone a light down it, and my uvulawas sticking forward too!!  the feeling would not go away! i drank everything in the fridge.  but eventually i had to blow my nose, and chocloate came out!!   Ewww  Help! should i be concerned with allergies?