Tinnitus after Mastoidectomy

I have been experiencing quite severe Tinnitus recently in my right ear, after having Mastoid surgery. Are there any treatments/techniques that could help this condition?

Many thanks.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Persisting infection/inflammation in the middle ear can cause tinnitus. Once this subsides tinnitus should resolve. So, continue with your medications and wait and watch. However, if your tinnitus worsens or if you develop additional symptoms like discharge from the ear or hearing loss, consult your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Can a bould of of ear wax cause persistent tinnitus? What advise can you give to clear this up?
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Yes, cerumen impaction or external otitis can cause tinnitus. It can also occur with disorders affecting the middle or the inner ear. In the middle ear fluid collection or disease of the tympanic membrane and in the inner ear damage to the nerve endings can cause tinnitus. So, without knowing the cause, it is difficult to advise on therapy. As, you have had a recent surgery, its most likely that the postoperative inflammation has caused this. I would advise you to consult your for an evaluation, he may help to detect the cause.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.