Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Tinnitus and Numb face

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Tinnitus and Numb face

Hi there,

I so hope someone can shed a light on what may be going on here. For the last 3 months, I have been getting pulsatile Tinnitus. I have been to the doctor several time, who has said that I have no ear infection, nothing. He told me it was stress induced and that I should take sleeping pill - I ended up in hospital. I then saw another female doctor who told that I did have an ear infection, gave me antibiotics and said that it would all go away. It didn't and now the left hand side of my face is starting to go numb. Not numb in the sense that I cannot feel anything, but numb in the sense that I notice a change in sensation when I touch my skin, like I don't feel the cold as much, and it feels strange. I also feel like there is a blockage in my ear, but the doctor said there was nothing there. I do have an appointment with ENT specialist in APRIL (spanish social security for you) so I have booked an appointment with a private ENT for next Tuesday. I'm worrying so much about this, I also have slightly high blood pressure, only very slightly though. Please help. x
Do you have any jaw problems? when I first saw a ENT for ringing and what appeared to be hearing lost all audio tests showed my ears were fine. Noticed my jaw muslces were tendor and said it could be TMJ related.

Sure enough few days later my jaw started to hurt and pretty much confrimed it was TMJ.

I also have a lot of other problems going on with me right now so I haven't really gotten it checked out.

But just a thought, everything you said seems like it could be caused by TMJ. Hope you find out the answer soon enough and get treated.
HI There,

I don't have ay jaw pain whatsoever, but when I yawn, the noise gets much louder. The numbing is still there, and I do sometimes get pain in my ear, although its not that often. I do find that the headaches are getting a bit worse. I also recently found out that that I have a horizontal wisdom tooth that needs to be removed, do you think that it could have an effect?
I have had the same prob facial numbness and turn into tinnitus ear fullness etc. Visited ENT several times no help. Tell u one thing all these docs are rip off they are good for cold and flu medicines only. Just like u i also have horizont wisdom tooth but not sure if thats the reason. Tinnitus fortuntely will not go away u can however reduce it. This is what I do. Daily exercise just exhaust ur body to the limit u don't feel anything but rest. Stop caffine reduce salt. I hope I had an answer for u but I have had all the tests done on the book but nothing. I hope u read this and let me know if u have found a cure and how. Thanks.