Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Tip of my nose hurts

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Tip of my nose hurts

so 2 days ago i noticed that the tip of my nose hurt when i touched it(but only on the left side of nose). my nose is also a bit swollen and is running. the pain hasn't spread. I think it maybe a pimple because there is a bump inside my nose, but how do i treat it
Tags: nose pain pimple
I had something similar and have read many others posts about this also. My doc told me to put Neosporin on it and inside the end of my nose. That seemed to help.  
Another doc also gave me a prescription for Bactroban (?)
Avatar dr f tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Noting serious it's most probably a pimple. You could apply warm compress and for pain relief you can use OTC  Tylenol (acetaminophen). Apply a local antibiotic as suggested. If these measures don't help, you may need systemic antibiotics. If it persists consult your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.