Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Tissue growth in Nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Tissue growth in Nose

Hi All,

My dad is getting blood oozing out from nose once in a while in a day (when ever he is sneezing). When checked with ENT, they scanned and confirmed that, it is because of a tissue growth inside the nose. And doctor has suggested my dad to undergo a operation. I would like to know, whether this problem will cause severe effects like death or something else?? Because since he gets blood in nose, am bit afraid. Can anybody help me in clearing my doubt? Please...........
Sounds like he has a nasal polyp; very common.  It is NOT deadly, but, it can grow in size causing problems, so it is best to have it removed ASAP.  The removed tissue will be sent to pathology after surgery to make sure it is not malignant; this is a standard procedure.

I am guessing you are talking about a nasal polyp because you just stated "tissue growth inside the nose."

as of now, i don know the exact name of what he got.. but t prob doctor has stated is "tissue growth in nose, and cos of that he gets blood from nose oozing out"

anyway.. Thanks for ur reply....  i was so confused as to what is all about..... now i got some idea like what it is.......