Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Tongue blister

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Tongue blister

Three days ago I started getting a sore throat, my lymph nodes are swollen on the same side that my throat was hurting.  The next day, I couldn't hardly swallow due to pain and my ears hurt.  No fever though...just low grade temp of 99.7F.  My monospot blood test and rapid strept swab were negative, so the ER doctor put me on Augmentin 875mg for my throat and ears, (she said they were both infected.)  Since yesterday, I have had this blister forming on my tongue, toward the middle.  It started out small and white, like the canker sores I get all of the time.  Now it is the size of a pencil eraser and there is swelling and pain.  It is a little bit yellowish white now and my tongue feels like it takes up half of my mouth.  Is this due to some infection or do you think it's viral?  I've convinced myself I have tongue cancer.  Oh, and after two days of these antibiotics I have no relief in my sorethroat or ear pain.
Hey i have the same problem only my eyes hurt too..i have a very sore throat, my lymph nodes are swollen, and i have a white sore on my tongue the size of eraser on pencil and two really small ones below it comming in. Did you ever find out what you had?