Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Tonsil Ulcers
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tonsil Ulcers

Just yesterday I went to the denitst to get a mold for a crown from a root canal I had done several weeks ago. The dentist injected me with two or three shots of novacaine. I felt completely healthy before I went to the dentist but about three hours later, when the novacaine started wearing off, my throat started hurting. It wasn't anything serious, but it hurt. I get sore throats often, so I thought nothing of it. Later in the evening I was watching a movie and got really cold. I had five blankets on me and was still shaking because I was so cold but I finally fell asleep. I woke up about an hour later sweating. I got ready to go to bed, a little bit out of it. I did fall asleep but shortly after woke up, unable to swallow. I was hot then cold, cold then hot. I barely got any sleep and woke up early, called the doctor to get an appointment. I had one within an hour. My throat felt so swollen I had to grab onto something and brace myself anytime I had to swallow. My doctor didn't do any tests, just looked in my mouth and ear and said "ohh, looks red" I have taken my 3 daily ammoxicilan(which she prescribes me everytime I'm in there) Used chloroseptic spray, gargled warm salt water, and have taken ibuprofen, everything the doc told me. I just looked at my throat and discovered my tonsils about half covered in ulcers. I would think if the doctor saw that this morning, she would have said something. So, after my life story, whats up with the tonsil ulcers 12 hour after seeing the doctor??