Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Tonsillar concretions
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tonsillar concretions

Help! I have tonsillar concretions that are difficult to remove using the qtip/flashlight method. I have a very severe gag reaction using this method. They finally come out, but I wind up making my throat sore in the process. When I do get them out, they are soft, so I don't think surgery is necessary. Is there a tool just for expressing these that I can buy somewhere? Thanks!
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Are you referring to the white & foul smelling particles stuck in teh back of your mouth?
Tonsil stones I think they call them....

I have them also.  I have a little suringe with a curled tip (cut off) that I use to flush warm water into the pockets where these things hide.  The water flushes most of them out (I think).

I know I need to *squirt* them out when my breathe starts getting foul....
Blank
Yes, I have them too and couldn't find answers on WebMd. I went to my ENT and she said to use a waterpik once daily and to gargle with tap water after every meal. Sounds pretty simple! If they keep producing then she said I could have my tonsils removed
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
The 3 Essentials to Ending Emotiona...