Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Tonsillectomy Issue with palatopharyngeal arch
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tonsillectomy Issue with palatopharyngeal arch

Well, I recently had a tonsillectomy (about 10 days ago) and the healing process hasnt been too bad. For the past few days ive noticed a small black spot appearing in one of my white scabs. As this grew larger I thought I could feel air through it. My parents (I'm 18) reassured me the black was probably space i was seeing between the two tonsillar arches. Now that more scab has fallen off i've begun to see that my palatopharyngeal arch is really a palatopharyngeal pillar and there is a large hole in the arch! I have photos, but haven't found anything online about this. My scabs aren't completely gone, but I don't like the idea of having a small pillar, which food and water can pass through instead of an entire webbed area. Thanks for any replies!
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The scar tissue may take time to heal, so wait for weeks for complete healing of the incision site. Consult your doctor if there is pain swelling or discharge from the site.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
This has happened to my daughter. She has a hole in her soft palate now. There has obviously been tissue damage to her paltopharyngeal arch. May I ask, what has been the outcome for you? I have been searching the net but find very little on this exact scenario. (My daughter is 15)
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...