Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Tonsils

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Tonsils

Hi everyone and thanks in advance for your help.

My questions are pretty basic.
1. Are your tonsils suppose to look identical shape wise. (mine don't)
2. What do tonsils look like. Mine have all kinds of crevices and bumps. Is that normal?
3. I had my tonsils checked out 3 years ago because I noticed a little bump on the right tonsil that wasn't on the left   tonsil. The ENT I went to saw it too and wasn't really worried but sent me to get a cat scan anyway. Everything came back fine on the CAT scan. I was just there again for a sore throat that was lasting a little over a week so he checked them again. He said nothing about them at all except that the right one was a little bigger than the left but only minimally and I think it's more just a different shape rather then a different size. So the question here is should I just accept what my ENT and GP seem to think which is that nothing is wrong other than I have a virus or bacteria of some kind. I don't ask them too much about it but they again they don't seem concerned.

Any help would be appreciated. I certainly have somewhat of an OCD/Anxiety disorder but it always helps me to talk it through. Thanks
Can anyone shed some light please?