Transderm Scop Patches
Transderm Scop - Expiration Date 01/2011.
Is this product still viable at this date?
It'll probably work, but won't be as potent.
They have to put a best before date on everything...like food...the chips will still be good and safe to eat, but they won't be as fresh.
I have a bottle of aspirin that "expired" last year, but they still work.

Still, it's best to ask a pharmacist. Just call one up and ask about the shelf life of the product. There ARE some meds that won't work, and others that can make you sick if expired.
Hello and welcome to the community.

Most products with expiration dates have some lee way built into the date.  If it has not been stored properly, I would say no. If it has been stored properly, it is getting close to what I consider the end of its viability.  I usually assume meds within 6 months of their expiration date are okay.  After that, I throw them out.  That is my personal practice.  

Meds either concentrate or weaken as they age.  The trouble is that as a consumer we rarely know which way a specific drug goes.  But with the manufacturer's built in "cushion", I think you should be alright if you use the patches within the next few weeks.

Take care and God bless.