Treatment for sudden hearing loss
A few weeks ago I was sleeping on my left side with my head on the arm of the couch and woke up and couldn't hear out of my left ear.  Went to the ENT, said it was a viral middle ear infection and treated it with prednisone.  In 2 weeks my hearing has come back "slightly".  I have no pain, however my ear does feel swollen.  What other treatments could I try to recover my hearing?
Sometimes antivirals are prescribed, but high-dose prednisone seems to be the best bet or at least the standard treatment. Most of the time it's just a shot in the dark as to what caused the hearing loss and how to treat it. If you remain with poor hearing in the ear but have good hearing in the other ear, you can eventually get a CROS hearing aid, a TransEar, or a Baha (bone-anchored hearing aid). I have a Baha and love it. At this point there is probably nothing you can do except wait and see if you recover any more hearing. Good luck!
   For all you of out there diagnosied with SNHL . Thought of posting my story ...
Diagnoised with sudden hearing loss around April ..with no impovemnt in test results ..initially ..but after 6 months or so .. my results were almost close to normal ...
Being thru a lot of frustration with the Docs .. and carried out my own .. treatment plan .After all this i am writing this to let ppl know there is some hope out there ..when you do combination therapy one therapy will not work ..atleast in my case .

Here is wot i did ... :
   1. Was able to take steriods within 3 days of onset symptoms .
   2. Presidisone + Ear Injections ....==== Did not help or see any imporvement for 1st month
    3. Then i started heavily on the Vitamins (B12) + Magnesium + Gingko + Antioxidant .. for 3-5 months continous .. Gingko showed great results atleast intially
   4. At last out of much frustation i have used Cinnazarine (anti histamine) for tinnitus .. this really helped my tinittus is almost softer now.

All in all my if you dont see a response in 1-2 months dont worry stick to you guts and follow your plan . **Only Combination Therapy Works **