Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Trouble Breathing While Exercising
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Trouble Breathing While Exercising

I've had a cold for a week or so (runny nose, cough, sinus headaches behind nose/eyes) but whats been bothering me is after running for a period of time (typically outside) my throat swells up to the point I can barely breathe and have to stop, then if I stop and slow my breathing my throat begins to return to normal. Is this common? And is there a way to prevent it? Or an over-the-counter medicine I could take to help prevent it? Currently I'm just taking Mucinex DM. I'm on a rugby team and it happened at the last two practices so I'm trying to help prevent the third.
Related Discussions
1268057_tn?1419171505
Have you ever been assessed for Exercise-Induced Asthma (EIA)?  I would follow up with a Pulmonologist and/or an Allergist if you have been having this problem long before this cold.  If you have had this only with the cold, then I would consult your GP/Family Physician.    

Mucinex DM is great for chest congestion/cough.  For your symptoms, I don't know about Mucinex.  
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank