Ear, Nose & Throat Community
UNIQUE: Unusual bone growth on side of nose, picture included

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

12892088?1435747180
This really became prominent when I was 12, in which we saw a specialist who stated it to be trauma caused. All though being a specialist, now being 19, I do not believe this conclusion.

The left side of my nose appears drastically swollen, where as the other side is normal. The swollen look is caused by an expanded bone of some sort. There is no pain at all but i do have sinus problems (deemed by the specialist to be unrelated). To me the swollen is far too 'perfect' to be trauma, can anyone identify the issue at all? I have a feeling it may have been caused by an infection of some sort which was in the nose canal and built up to then cause this enlarged look. Anyone have any idea of what is the cause, or even confirm that its definitely trauma based?

Sorry for bad photo.