Ear, Nose & Throat Community
VIBRATION IN EAR

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

VIBRATION IN EAR

Dear Sir/Madam,
                          I am suffering from Vibration in my left ear.
About me:
                I am 28 years old, male, working as software developer, working daily for 11 hours, sleeping hours 7 hours. I am working under pressure, stressful work.

Problem:
             Inside of left ear is vibrating often. There is no sound. There is no tinnitus sound.

Vibration Similar to:

(1) Vibration is occurring me like if water stays in the ear at that time what do you feel, the same feeling I am feeling.
(2) Vibration is occurring me like the sound of feathers of feathering beetle.
Ear vibration is occurring in the following situations:

(1) while touching the top of head by hand
(2) while brushing my teeth and eating sweet items. (I have holes in my teeth because of cavity)
(3) While doing motion and urinate.
(4) If I feel ungry, at that time vibration is occurring.
(5) If I am tensed, at that time vibration is occurring.

Previously taken Treatment:
(1) I have taken treatment for cavity in my 4 teeth before 1 year.

Recently taken Treatment  for this problem:

(1) I have consulted ENT specialist doctor about this vibration problem, he prescribed some medicines and to take CT scan.In the CT scan result, My brain areas and ear nerves are normal condition. ENT doctor asked to me to visit the Nerves specialist.

My Request:

What is the problem in my ear. Even though My brain and ear is normal condition, why this problem occurs to me. I am suffering a lot by this vibration. I am unable to study and work quietly. Please suggest me what steps should I take right now to remedy.

Thanks a lot,

Mohan J
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

There are tubes called 'Eustachian  tubes' which connect the middle ear to the throat, this balances the air pressure in the ears. This tube can get blocked due to infections of the throat, which can give lead to a feeling of fullness in the ears. This can also result in infection of the ears. Air transmission through the tubes can also cause the vibration. The blocked ears can be opened up by the valsalva maneuver, where air is blown into the cheeks against a closed nostrils, this sometimes helps to open up the tubes. Steam inhalations can help clear the tube. Otherwise your symptoms can be due to neuropathy. A neurologist may be able to help you.

Hope this helped and do keep me posted.