Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Vasular Congestion and Jaw Pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Vasular Congestion and Jaw Pain

I have been diagnosed with vascular congestion due to allergies, and unfortunately, I don't seem to get any seasonal relief as my allergies extend to mold, etc.  When drinking something hot, such as tea, I get popping in my ears, mainly the right, and sometimes I get pain in my neck, not throat, down from my ear, and at times, heat from food seems to stimulate intense pain in the line of my jaw, kind of under the jaw along with a tremendous feeling of fullness in my ears.  I do not have any nasal symptoms to speak of most of the time.  I do have some feelings of being off kelter and a tad swimmy headed.  I have not done well with taking singular or allegra, and once I got to a certain dosage in allergy shots, I had reactions to them, making me ill.  I am just not really clear on what vascular cogestion is except that it's not an issue of fluid in the tubes.  Because of this, I am really concerned with the idea of flying, what problems that might cause with the pressure, plus the pain caused in my jaw and the pressue in my ears is really intense.  Does anyone have any real info on vasular congestion in the ears, some reasonable solutions that I might try, and info on flying with the condition?

Thank you.