Veins in back of throat
What condition could cause veins to show in the back of the throat? There is no white build up usually asociated with mono or strep or anything? Could it just be irritation?

Story: Since August I've had swelling adenoids (left side) and Lymph nodes swelling in my throat on and off. I've taken two HIV tests well outside the window period. Going back to the ENT soon just wanted to see if anyone here had a heads up about something like that. It doesn't hurt at all.

Thanks.
Hi am also having the same problem and by tongue is also white at the back and taste buds the back of the tongue are also swollen. I have been having these symtoms for last 11 months now and i have had 7 hiv tests till 10 months of my exposure  but couldn't find anything and also i had Hep B,C tests post 6 months of exposure. I would be glad if u come to know your problem and do share it.
I will do so if I can figure out what the **** is going on. I have a dermatologist appt. for another issue next friday and after that I think I'm going to go back to my ENT and see what he thinks. The funny thing is my tonsils aren't bothering me but the adenoids are. That's what prompted my HIV concerns. Then I started having bouts of weakness, shaking, loss of appetite (No loss of weight) and I was convinced with the throat problems it was HIV but the tests say otherwise. My primary is sure it isn't Lymphoma, so my best guess as a lay person is that the glands are somehow over reacting to something. Can they do that and make you sick?

And yes I'm getting the whitish substance on the tongue too... it's common though. I've had it all my life. No swelling of the tongue however.
Hi anxiety,
     I am feeling something is wrong with my throat as its never normal and also i feel that i have post nasal drip. I really can't move on because of these symtoms as i also have itchy chest and all this happened after i recieved an unprotected oral sex from a street sex worker.My throat is a bit aching always.Anyways keep me posted with your findings.