Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Vertigo, tinnitis, fatigue, fever, headache

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I have been experiencing vertigo for a couple of weeks.  I went to the ER last Saturday and was diagnosed with Labyrinthitis.  Along with the vertigo I have been experiencing ringing in the ears, horrible fatigue, on and off low-grade fever (just started today), headaches everyday (some days really bad, some days they are mild), nausea and vomiting.  A weird thing I've also been experiencing that doesn't fit with any of the above symptoms is I've had some blurriness in just my left eye.  I only have the ringing in my left ear.  I haven't experienced any hearing loss (that I know of).  I was told that since Labyrinthitis is caused by a virus that I will just have to ride it out.  I was given prescriptions for Antivert and Phenergan.  I've been taking the Antivert every 4 hours, as prescribed, and all I really notice that it does is make me even more tired.  I don't notice a whole lot of change with the dizziness.
I have an appt. with an ENT tomorrow.  But in the meantime I thought I would post on here and see if anyone else has had these similar symptoms, or has had Labyrinthitis.  How long can I expect this to last?  I've read "days to weeks".  
Thanks.
If it really is virus based, usually a round of acycolovir is in order, along with the other meds you were given.
Just an update.
I had to go to the ER tonight because I passed out and bumped my head on the kitchen floor.  I had a terrible headache and a huge knot on my head.  The doctor did a cat scan and said there was no bleeding, brusing or swelling, which is good.  I was given a shot of Demerol for the pain, which helped a bit.  I was told to take it easy for the next 3 days and to defintely go to my appt. with the ENT tomorrow (today now).  
This is just so frustrating.  I want this to go away so badly.