Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Vertigo...im sick of it!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Vertigo...im sick of it!

Ok Guys,
ive had 2 diffrent attacks of vertigo so far ( both start around 2 AM when i roll over in bed...whata way to wake up).  the first lasted a week but when it went away all my symptoms did also i was back to normal. however this second attack  i had was on sept 7th i was dibilated again for 1 solid week but it slowly was getting better i could stand walk drive etc. but  i still feel dizzy and its the 28th i. i went to my doctor who sent me to a ent specialist who diagnosed me with BPPV he did the epley manuever (didnt work) hearing tests(i passed with flyin colors) and still no cure and no real reason that im getting this also i get frequent headakes thats been through my whole life though...has anyone experinced this?  ive been webmding way too much and scaring myself with tumors and all kinds of weird stuff any answer will help thanks all!
Given your headaches and the fact that the Epley maneuver didn't help, you might possibly have migraine-associated vertigo (MAV). Try seeing a headache-specialist neurologist if you haven't yet.

Sometimes the basic Epley manuever doesn't cure BPPV; sometimes you have to repeat it or else see a vestibular physical therapist who specializes in dizzy patients. There are different maneuvers depending on which semicircular canal the debris is in; a vestibular PT will know how to do these.

So those are my suggestions (neurologist specializing in headache or dizziness; and/or a vestibular physical therapist, who sees mainly or exclusively dizzy patients). Check out the Web site of the Vestibular Disorders Association for help finding specialists.

Brain tumor is extremely unlikely, so please don't worry about that.
I had vertigo for two years. There are stones in your inner ear and they have fallen out of place and need to be put back where they belong by having your head moved around in a circular motion. I dont know how you feel about chiropractic care, but I went and they didnt have to do an adjustment. I have now been virtigo free for 3-4 years now! I dont know where you live, but find a good Neurological Chiropractor in your area. Good luck and keep me posted.
Sounds like textbook BPPV and yes I have had it too.  My nightmare started last August and I am getting somewhat better.  I have had the manipulations with my head by a Neurologist, etc. to NO avail.  It is better but no where near completely gone.  

There are surgical options for this, but used as a last resort.  I would keep trying the conservative measures.