Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Viagra & Ear Tinnitus

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Viagra & Ear Tinnitus

I am 30 year old male and had flu last week yesterday i took Viagra 100mg and then i got little headache, hot face feeling and to most scary thing is tinnitus (some sound) in my both of ears. Headache and hot face feeling fixed after 10 hours of talking Viagra but still having ear problem.

Now after like 36+ hours of talking Viagra 100mg i am feeling pressure like feeling in my right ear its similar to ear pressure you feel when you travel in airplane and tinnitus is still there in my right ear.

I just visited ENT specialist and he examine my ears and tested my hearing by crud test. Dr said it looks some congestion problem and my hearing capability is fine further he recommend me some audio testing just for my satisfaction as i have read on website that viagra could cause sudden hearing loss. Dr have given me a nasal spray "Rino Clenil Nasal Spray" for my congestion, "Cetirizine dihydrochloride" and Multi VItamins as antioxidants.

Further Dr said my audio test will be Ok as per his observation. Now my questions are

Q1: Could a single Viagra pill cause hearing loss?
Q2: My hearing is fine after 36 hours but feeling pressure on my ears and little tinnitus in right ear, Am i safe from hearing loss as its already 36+ hours passed?
Q3: How much time i would take to fix my tinnitus by Viagra?
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Its unlikely that a single dose of viagra can cause inner ear damage. Persistent tinnitus usually indicates the presence of sensory hearing loss. Intermittent periods of mild, high-pitched tinnitus lasting for several minutes are common in normal hearing persons. Since your problem has been of a recent origin, it could be associated with cold, so it may be a temporary phenomenon. Wait and watch.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.

Many thanks for your answer. I went for audiometry testing as doctor suggested and the result was "mild conductive hearing loss" on that doctor said its just outer ear problem and it will improve by time.

And after few days its getting alot better and tinnitus volume is decreased to a level which do not bother me. I would say that it could be associated with "cold" but viagra has enhanced it or made it worse than just cold or flu could have done.

Again thanks for your informative reply.