Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Voice Problem

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Voice Problem

For the past few years I've had a problem with my voice. I'm a 15 year old guy, so I guess it could be attributed to puberty, but multiple years seems like a pretty long time for a voice change. I have a really quite voice, usually pretty high pitched, but sometimes fairly deepish, though still very weak and quite. I can't yell, or really project my voice at all, which really gets in the way sometimes. The weirdest thing about my voice however is that I am able to talk in a much deeper, stronger, and louder voice. It's just not my normal speaking voice. When I clear my throat or cough it sounds as if it were coming from this deeper voice, and sometimes my voice will croak down to the deeper voice as well, like the opposite of a voice crack basically. So yeah I was wondering what is up here. One, what could be the cause of having such a quiet and weak voice, is possibly just puberty? And two, why didn't my voice just naturally change to this deeper and stronger voice during puberty? Or is it likely that it will progress down to it in time? Also, if anyone else has had any other sort of similar experience that would be great too. Thanks.
Bump
i have the same problem