Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Vomiting acid in my sleep??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Vomiting acid in my sleep??

I woke up this morning with something I have never experienced in my life, it has me rather afraid.
I woke up and felt like there was BURNING vomit in my throat which I could also feel in the back of my throat.
Did I vomit in my sleep? Is this Acid reflux? I have suffered from acid reflux for a long time and take regular antacids, maybe it's time for something stronger. My mouth tasted like vomit but there was a horrible BURN to it. It took it about an hour to go away. I a 53 years old.
Yes, this is the condition called GERD. It is a serious condition. You need to see a gastroenterologist soon. If left untreated, worse case scenario, it can cause esophageal cancer. Please make an appt soon.