Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Wake up blood in the morning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Wake up blood in the morning

I saw few amount of blood in the first spit after waking up after that all were normal. I have no other significant symptom at all. It was for 4 days only. It happens is only in the morning.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
The common causes of blood in cough are bronchitis, irritation of the throat from violent coughing, blood clot in lungs, tuberculosis of lungs, vasculitis etc.Though you do not have any symptoms like coughing or shortness of breath you should see your doctor and get evaluated. A clinical examination and tests like X-ray chest ,sputum culture and smear, blood counts may be necessary. Further tests will depend on the test results. Treatment will be specific based on the cause. I hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!
I had a bad cold for last 10 days

After 7 days of cold suddenly I forcedly try to clear my caugh in the morning from my throte and saw just few bloody sputum. It happens only in the morning for only 2 to 3 times.

Then I go to GP for test.

CBC all counting is normal
Chest X-RAY P/A is normal
Sputum AFB   not found
Filaria Ag        positive
Spirometry is normal.

But bloody sputum in the morning stays for last 4 days. The GP give me some medication. I continue it. Cauging is quite normal now. But early morning bloody sputum is not still ok.

please give sugessiotn

By the way I had tonsillitis problem for 15 ears ago. Now days it is ok. But every winter season I face sore throat. Now winter is running in my country.