Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Weird smell
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Weird smell

Ok so over the summer I had surgery on my nose to allow me to be able to breathe through the right side of my nose. They removerd scar tissue and a polyp I think that's how you spell it. So after the six weeks of recovering I thought every thing was going well I could breathe but when I went back to school this year I had caught a cold no big deal I got better then a few weeks latter I started smelling this foul smell that would not go away no matter what I did. Then I had got a stuffy nose which was no big deal so I went to blow my nose and this weird stuff came out of my nose it was like a blueish color and it smelled so bad it scared me. But after that I didn't smell the smell anymore which I was happy. Then a few weeks later it happend again I got the smell then I blew my nose and the same stuff came out. And this went on and on over this year. But then a month or so ago it came back so I figured that maybe if I blew my nose it would go away like it always did but it didn't go away. So like now I have this stuffy nose all the time and this smell. I have no idea what to do. I'm in high school so it's hard to deal with this smell. I don't know what to do it just keeps getting worse no matter what I do. I've read that it could be a sinus infection but I know it's not because I always get them and this is nothing like them and if it is then why didn't the anti-biotics I was taking get rid of it? All I really want is the smell to go away it's like the cross between a pair of old shoes and a really stinky bathroom. If someone can just tell me what I have to do I'll do anything I'll take any advice that I can get thank y'all for taking the time to read this.