Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Wetness coming out of ears in morning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Wetness coming out of ears in morning

I have been dizzy for over 2 months..I was diagnosed with BVVP.. (rocks in my ears were off balance causing spinning)  i did the exercises the doc told me to do.. but still feel dizzy .. The last couple of days in the morning i would wake up and my ears feel wet in side.. if i put my finger in them.. it is wet... what could this be?  The fluid finally letting go in my ears?

When I have a lot of dizziness and head congestion- a few days later in the am, I will feel my ears. They feel so wet. It is clear fluid. I am not sure if it was the fluid causing the problem or ear wax. I know what you mean though. I stopped using q-tips because I didnt want to push anything else in there. The wetness would last for a few days and then start to subside. I found that if I sleep on my back instead of my side, it is better. My one ear or the other doesnt clog up and leak. Good luck!!
I have allergies and sometimes I get inner ear fluid and it can make me dizzy. My doctor said to make sure I blow my nose frequently. He also said to hold my nose and blow it to "pop" my ears and it makes the water come out also. I always thought this was bad to do, but my dr said it was ok and it can help prevent the buildup of inner ear fluid.