Ear, Nose & Throat Community
What do my symptoms indicate? Virus or bacteria?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I have a mild sore throat.. mostly hurts when I swallow, my ears hurt a little when I swallow, feeling tired, dizzy, I have a red spot on the back of my throat and my neck is sore.. this has been for 5 days after my dentist filling appointment.. could this from my mouth getting too dry during the appt. or am I getting sick? Some factors could be that I have been stressing myself out lately and I have post nasal drip and I also sleep with my mouth open
This sounds to me like it is definetely a cold coming on. I myself came down with the flu last week out of no where, and just yesterday after 5 days of constant dizziness that is getting worse standing or sitting down, ear pain, pressure in head, post nasal drip and coughing found out i also have a sinus infection and an ear infection. I would go and get seen as soon as possible that way you catch whatever you have early on.. The fact that you sleep with your mouth open would cause this porblem all the time with your throat so I dont think that is causing the problem, rather making it worse since you are probably getting sick and that in and of itself is causing the sore throat. Hope that this helped you alittle bit!
yes thank you :) I think I might have an ear infection too because I woke up this morning and I could hear like water in them or something and my ear pain is getting worse along with my dizziness and headaches.. I was just hoping I wouldn't have to go to the doctor and it would go away, but I guess not :(
Yes sounds to me like you are definetely getting everything that is going around right now. I have been on antibiotics for only a day now and finally feeling better. brain fog is finally gone, and most of my dizziness is gone, but comes and goes. im pretty sure ear infections take a little bit longer to go away, but the sooner you catch this the better!
Let me know how the doctors appointment goes and what they say!  :)