Ear, Nose & Throat Community
What does sinus drainage and ear pain have in common???

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Last March 2008, I developed a chest conjestion along with sinus drainage, headaches, and pressures, with real sharp pain in the ears and throat area that goes up to the ears, more so in the right ear. I visited my primary Dr. was given some antibiotics for 3 days ( 1 tablet twice daily) and some steroids. I guess these helped somewhat, but the drainage down the back of the throat has persisted and the ears are still have issuses not to mention the ringing that started in the ears at the same time. The ringing has subsided a little but is still there. Never had ringing like this before or consistent. I have never had issuses like this, with my ears before. I visited an EENT specialist, he was of no help. Prescribed some antihistamine,but the drainage and ear pain still persist. Did saline nasal flushes, this help some also. The ears are still ringing and are still tender, pain is not as acute as in the begining, but I sometimes feel as though there is the feeling of fluid in my ears. The EENT specialist saw no signs of inflamation (inflammation) during his exam. At various times of the day I have this stuffy feeling in my head/ears, like they need to be equalized when scuba diving. Are there any possible answers to my delima. Can allergies or some type of sinus infections cause these symptoms, something that is persitent, an allergy that I may have developed as I have become older at 60? When my own Doctor and the EENT can't give me some resolve, I just know that there must be an answer. For every effect there is a cause. Is there any help out there?
Googe otitis media, eustachean tube disfunction

good luck
You hurry up and ask a good doctor!!!