Ear, Nose & Throat Community
What is the blister on my tonsil?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

What is the blister on my tonsil?

Doctor,

For the past two months or so, I've had at least one big red blister on each of my tonsils. They have not gone away at all nor have they seemed to get any worse. I never got sick with them but on occasion it hurts a bit to swallow. One day, it hurt more and I notice a small yellow blister next to my uvula and possibly other blisters on my right tonsil. It was hard to tell because it was on the part I couldn't really see. It went away the next day but these big red blisters have not. They are not puss filled..maybe blood blisters. But it's been a long time I would think for something like that to be there. I'm starting to get worried about it and would really appreciate some insight as to what could be the problem. The tonsils have seemed larger than normal through all of this and possibly mis-shapen.. Also, maybe a month before the blisters showed up, I had pretty bad tonsilitis. I don't know if it's related or not, but this time I don't have the white lines like that tonsillitis so I don't know. Thanks so much for your help!