Ear, Nose & Throat Community
What's on my tonsil?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

What's on my tonsil?

I felt something in my throat today and decided to look at it and I found a white spot on my tonsil. I have no clue what it is, I have had bad allergies and a sore throat sometimes the past couple of weeks but this is really stressing me out. My sister used to spit white things out of her mouth that came from the back of her throat and they were solid and white. That was happening before she got her tonsils removed. So what could this be, and PLEASE tell me it's harmless.
Completely harmless, its called a tonsil stone. Your tonsils are full of little holes and crypts that food, phlegm, bacteria can hide, decay, and form tonsil stones, its gross I know, and you probably have more hiding if you have one.  

I have this problem, I'm having my tonsils removed because of it. Because they stink and cause bad breath! But other then that they're harmless.

Google/YouTube: tonsil stones