Ear, Nose & Throat Community
What's this noise?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

What's this noise?

I have this really slight, weird, fluttering sound in my ear that sounds like a bug is flying around in my ear and it's driving me crazy. It just started yesterday when I got off work and it has been happening about every half hour or so for 2 days. So I am wondering if anyone knows what the problem could be? I would like some kind of information before I go crazy thinking there's a bug in my ear.
Tags: noise, Ear
I have a noise that I swaer is my heart beating in a very irregular way.  I hear this all the time but when I'm in a very quiet room and not thinking about it when I hear it, It is my heart.  However, once I come to my senses, I realize it my eye ball moving in it's socket.  could this be it?

Just a bit ago there was a thread on "I can make Thunder sounds" or something like that, turns out to be a muscle that works with the ear drum.... (I don't like short term memory losses) ...and the tinny bone there. Could this be it?

Will wait for other suggestions...
Actually I have no idea but it gets worse when I am in a room with noise. The noise just seems to sounds like there's a bug in my head and it's flying around or something. But when it happens I found today that it actually makes my ear go numb and I can't hear out of it while it's buzzing. Kinda sounds like my ear has water and someone is trying to talk to me thru it. Thanks for the suggestion though I will keep an eye out for it.