Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Whistle when I talk

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Whistle when I talk

Does anyone else make whistling noises when they talk? If you have ever seen Winnie the Pooh, I sound just like Gopher.
Is the problem more than a whistle while talking?  How about while taking a shower, do you have the whistling?  Do you snore?  Are you tired when you wake up, or during the day?

In my case, a sleep study was preformed and I now sleep with the aid of a BiPAP.  This helped however did not cure my breathing problems and just recently a Stint was inserted in my neck.

If I could be of any help, let me know.

I just read your post about the whistle is your ears....I just woke up with Gopher the Winnie the Pooh cartoon character in my left ear, exactly as you described.

I can't find any other posts about this condition.  What did you find out?  Did it go away?  How long did it take?
what you are talking about is called tinnitus or ringing of the ears. I am refering to making a whistling noise when I form certain sounds.
my 4 yr old grandson whistles while he talks. i am becoming very conscious of this noise. my daughter who lost total hearing in one ear during the pregnancy of him, does not hear this noise. Have  you found out what the noise is? I am very concerned.
Does any one know what a cracking sound in your throat when you talk mean.  Its getting on my nerves i talk and people hear the crackling or popping sound.
I have the same whistle I believe as Wolfson.  Not sure about Gopher, haven't seen the show in a while.  But when i say words that end in "s" i whistle. other words for example, "especially", "whistle" create the whistle sound when I say them.

(i have a small space between my two front teeth which is why I believe I make the whistle sound)

-Let me know if anyone knows what this is called.  Wolfson, i'm sure a speech therapist can probably help.  

I have the same problem which has been going on about 2 weeks. It started after I had a cold. Do you still have the same problem?
I am currently experiencing the same issue when i or others talk. It came out of nowhere and was completly random. Been going on for several hours. How did yours turn out? did you ever get rid of it? If so, how? What was it?