Ear, Nose & Throat Community
White Patch in Nostril

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

White Patch in Nostril

I have about a pencil eraser-size white patch in my nostril.  It is flat, nontender.  I went to an urgent care clinic to have this checked and the doctor was at a loss.  Her recommendation was Vaseline to the area for 2-3 weeks and if not resolved, then to see my primary.  Well, it hasn't gone away and it's starting to scare me.  I will be making an appt. with my primary in the next week, but was just wondering if anyone else has ever had something similar.  I have no sinus symptoms except for "chronic" frontal sinus pressure.  No postnasal drip, no cough, no sore throat, no white patches in my mouth.  My worst fear is some type of cancer.  Has anybody experienced something of a similar nature?
In my opinion, you should skip primary care (if your insurance plan will allow) and see an ENT specialist.  It may need to be biopsied and your primary care doctor is unlikely to want to do that.