White spots on Tonsils
I have had a white spot on my one tonsil for about two years, and now I have another white spot on the other tonsil.  Then on one of my tonsils I have a slightly yellow colored spot that looks more like a growth.  The tonsil that has the yellow growth and a white spot is quite a bit larger than my other tonsil. My doctor has told me I have cryptic tonsils but I am concerned abou these spots, I would appreciate any information about these spots and what is recommended to treat them.
Thank You,
Mikkel S.
I don't know whether this will help or not but I have inflamed tonsils all the time. I would suggest you listen to your doctor and take what is prescribed to you. Then wait and if nothing helps get a second opinion one thing that I have suffered from is Tonsil Stones! these are white bits of food etc that get stuck in the tonsils which can cause bad breathe they are also yellow in colour and can be removed with nasal spray or using a thin non sharp object to push them out!

I had the same thing. My tonsils were cryptic. They had white and yellow stones forming on and in them. This gave me persistent bad breath for years. I had to have a tonsillectomy to get rid of the problem. Infact, I am still recovering. I had my surgery 19 days ago. It was the best decision I ever made. No more stinky tonsil gunk.

Best thing to do see an ENT doctor. The yellow stuff is not just food but saliva mixed with food and bacteria. Be careful if you decide to use anything to push them out. Best to use cotton swabs dont use anything sharp because you could injure yourself and get infected.

Hope things work out best for you.

I have had this for years! I hate it! It give me bad breath. I flush mine out with water in a non- sharp syringe. This works great and it is awesome to see the "white pellets" come out of my tonsils. (it also helps with the bad smell". I am a dental hygienist, so I keep things clean in there. I am scheduled to have a tonsilectomy after the 1st of the year. I really hope this takes care of the problem!