Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Why does my ear feel stuffy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Why does my ear feel stuffy?

Hello. Within the last week my right ear got stuffy. My hearing is fine, but sometimes I hear something like a heartbeat. Before this, I have had small crackling sounds in my ears when talking or moving my mouth. Something scary happened to me a couple of weeks ago. I was packing up some stuff and having to bend up and down to get it off of the floor. I was bending up and all of the sudden I got a whoosing sound in my left ear, but it went away after a few seconds; it hasn't come back. I am taking Lovastatin and Prilosec. Since I started taking Lovastatin, I get little twitches in my legs or eyelids. I have a theory that maybe it is causing little muscles in my ears to twitch. I have bad untreated anxiety and every little sound in my ear - real or imagined - is making my stomach flop! I do not want to go to the doctor because I know he won't do anything.

Thank you.
I would also like to ask if there is a medical term for a "stuffy ear?"