Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Why is my tongue orange?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why is my tongue orange?

I had a bad sore throat over a week ago that turned into a sinus infection and was given a prescription for the Z-pack antibiotics.  The day after my last dose I noticed my tongue was orange.  I went to the pharmacist and she said it could be a form of a yeast infection and to try yogurt,  but to call the doctor.  Since it was the weekend, I started with the yogurt.  I got the large plaint yogurt and ate it all within 2 days and my tongue was better, however, it is still with me.  I still have a drip in the back of my throat which is driving me crazy.  I called the doctor today and his nurse called me and said he never heard of such a thing, but they will get back with me.  I don't know if this has anything to do with it or not, but I do have a fingernail that is white and coming off the nailbed, which I would think is a fungus.  I am also wondering if it has anything to do with the liver?  I am otherwise very healthy and am on no medications and eat nothing unusual or different.  I am drinking more cranberry juice now, and still eating the yogurt and hoping it just goes away because I don't feel like going to a GP to get blood work/liver enzymes, etc.  I can scrape it off with my toothbrush on the front of my tongue, but can't seem to get past the gagging for the back of the tongue.