Why won't my ears clear up? (it's been over a month)
It started out that I had Otitis Media, and I've had that for about the past two weeks. It started to go away, but then it came back just as quickly. My doctor was out of town these past two weeks, so I had another lady examine my ears. She told me that I had a lot of "gunk" in them, and that they looked swollen. Well, I went back yesterday because my doctor is now back from vacation; she told me that I no longer have any fluid in them. But it still feels like I have fluid in there. When I talk I hear something moving around inside of them, and I have congestion in my nose and a lump in my throat when I swallow. My hearing sounds really weird :( and I'm worried. My ears pop and crackle every time that I yawn. She also said that it looks like I have some sort of allergy, because of the puffiness under my eyes. What is going on with my ears? Will they return back to normal? (I also might add that I have two teeth on both sides that desperately need to be pulled. She said that this may have something to do with it.)
I would agree that this sounds like allergy or infection symptoms.  If the doctor thought it was an ear infection, they would typically give you an antibiotic to clear it up.  If it is allergy, taking a decongestant will probably help.  Our ears, nose, and throat are all kind of tied together.  If you are having problems with your teeth, that could definitely make your ears feel strange even if there isn't currently a problem with your ears themselves.  If there is an OTC allergy medications/decongestant that has worked well for you in the past, I would try some of that.  You may also want to try a few drops of warm sweet oil/olive oil in your ears.  Many times this works well to clear up ear problems.