Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Why won't my ears clear up? (it's been over a month)
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why won't my ears clear up? (it's been over a month)

It started out that I had Otitis Media, and I've had that for about the past two weeks. It started to go away, but then it came back just as quickly. My doctor was out of town these past two weeks, so I had another lady examine my ears. She told me that I had a lot of "gunk" in them, and that they looked swollen. Well, I went back yesterday because my doctor is now back from vacation; she told me that I no longer have any fluid in them. But it still feels like I have fluid in there. When I talk I hear something moving around inside of them, and I have congestion in my nose and a lump in my throat when I swallow. My hearing sounds really weird :( and I'm worried. My ears pop and crackle every time that I yawn. She also said that it looks like I have some sort of allergy, because of the puffiness under my eyes. What is going on with my ears? Will they return back to normal? (I also might add that I have two teeth on both sides that desperately need to be pulled. She said that this may have something to do with it.)