Will ear infection go away on its own?
My 2-1/2 year-old daughter has tubes in her ears.  Two weeks ago, she had strep and was given a 10-day course of antibiotics.  She felt better even before the 10-day course was over, but she completed the course anyway.  Two days after the 10th day of taking her antibiotic, she had watery eyes (the left eye almost looked like a pink eye, but it went away at the end of the day), then the day after, both of ears had yellowish discharge.  She doesn't have a fever, she's not fussy nor has any change in behavior or appetite.  I called her doctor the first day it happened and I was told that as long as she doesn't have a fever, she doesn't have an infection, and that the draining will just go away.  It's almost a week now and she's still getting excessive discharge in both ears (still without any other symptoms).  Although I notice that it's getting lesser in amount every day.  I know that if I'll call her doctor, they'll put her on some kind of antibiotic again, and she has just been off of an antibiotic from her strep.  I really don't want her to be using too much prescription medicine if it's not necessary.  Will this just go away on its own?  Will this affect her ear tubes at all?  Thank you!
Most likely it won't go away on its own, especailly with a history that required tubes.  I suggest you get her to her doctor soon.

God bless.
Thanks...she got her tubes not because of ear infections but because of hearing loss.  She had her tubes for about 7 months now.  The last time she had drainage, she had a cold and I was told that it's normal to have drainage when she gets a cold.  That one just went away on its own too.