Ear, Nose & Throat Community
Worsening problems
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Worsening problems

I just typed a bunch of info that didn't load!
Long story, you can check my past posts please.
Worsening dry mouth and throat and now seem to be producing phelgm, don't think it is mucus, causing constant hacking.  Now,mthe more I talk I loose my voice.  Constantly using dry mouth products and drinking fluids with no relief. Have had numerous tests, scopes and biopsies done.  Docs can't figure out what is wrong.  Again, the "tissue" of my mouth and tongue don't feel right, hard to explain, almost sand paper like?  Often worse after I eat.
I have seen numerous doctors in different specialties with no answers.
What other doc should I see and what other tests can be done?  Seems the obvious causes are not the problem. Mthere must be some type of disease or systemic problem they aren't checking.
ANY ideas?  :-(
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Sometimes a chronic inflammatory problem or autoimmune disorders could be affecting the salivary glands. A biopsy could confirm this. And then therapy to stop the process with anti inflammatories or steroids is recommended.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
974371_tn?1364538460
Thank you. I have had numerous blood tests and 2 biopsies for Sjorgens, negative.
Now having problems with phlegm, thick, in my throat and very bad upset stomach.
GI dic prescribed Omeorazole then doubled it but it is not helping.
An endoscopy was done a few weeks ago with biopsies. Don't have the report handy but no ulcer, mild gastritis?
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could also be attributed to GERD, (Gastro Esophageal Reflux Disease), where the acid contents of the stomach come up into the esophagus. Since medications don't seem to be helping much why don't you try lifestyle measures? Take frequent small meals. Eat dinner about two hours before sleeping. Elevate the head end of the bed. Keep a food diary and note down what aggravates your symptoms and avoid them. Ensure to maintain optimum weight by regular exercise. Avoid non steroidal  anti inflammatory medications NSAID's, quit smoking, eliminate alcohol and reduce stress levels. These measures need to be practiced long term for results. Hope this helps!!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...