Ear, Nose & Throat Community
acoustic trauma causing ear pain. Need pain management solution

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

My left ear just aches and is sesative, and hurts to noise, Eg Tv,radio,cars. I believe it is cause by acoustic trauma ( To much loud music and combine with exposure to machinery ) No one has been able to diagnose what is causing the pain. But i would put my money on acoustic trauma. This is been going on for over 2 years, so i would say it is permanent damage.  Has any one experienced any thing like this? Or can any one think of some type of painkillers to help manage this??

Any info will be great
Regards Hari

My right ear hurts all the time...but I have Meniere's Disease...not sure if this disease causes the pain though.

Have you tried having your jaw looked at? Or your teeth? Or sinuses?
Those 3 things can cause severe ear pain as well.

I find that no pain killers help mine at all. Sometimes I'll go to the chiropractor and have my jaw worked on and that helps.

Good luck.