Ear, Nose & Throat Community
acute otitis media

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

acute otitis media

my son is 4 yrs old and is having acute otitis media since yrs old . i came to know about this problem when he was 3 yrs old . due to this problem his speech has been delayed n he hardly speaks two to three words in continutiy n has less vocabulary of words but understands most of talk . his condition improved n started listening but when winter came he suffered from cold for last 3 month and again he is suffering form acute otitis media nas his listening has been decreased . he has negative pressure in his both ears. i have gone to various ent specialist and they all suggest surgary by placing a tube in ear drum and if necessary will remove adenoiods and toncilies . but one ent specialist who has treating him for last one year refuse for operation and his point of view is that if he is responding to nose drops then surgary is not recommneded plus the surgary has some negative effects like the tube will remain in ear drum for almost 9 months and after its removal the perforation in ear drum due to tube may not be repaired .

so kindly any one give me advise whether to go for surgary or not coz i m quite worried that my son is lacking behind in speech n studies . plus any one can share his experience of same problem of mine??

hassan
I just want to say to anyone suffering with ear trouble or strange smells coming from nose to please get a CT SCAN!!! It saved my daughters life!!!! She had ear infections and a horrible