Ear, Nose & Throat Community
allergic rhinitis and dizziness

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

allergic rhinitis and dizziness

i finally saw a doctor today after a year of sinus and eustachian tube symptoms and off and on dizziness. mostly it was the spooky dizziness that made me want to see a doctor.  ive had nasal congestion, crackling in my ears when i swallow, ears popping on their own, painless but very distracting pressure behind my nose and eyes extending to the top of my head, equilibrium problems, and occasional dizziness - not the kind where i want to pass out or lose focus, or the room is spinning, but sort of a feeling like im on a boat and the world around me looks unsteady. sometimes i feel like i want to tip over. anyway so i went to the doctor today. she checked my ears, up my nose, and the back of my throat, she said the inside of my nose was inflammed and diagnosed me with "allergic rhinitis with postnasal drip". she prescribed me nasonex nasal spray, several days of clarinex, then several days of allegra-d, all adding to one month of treatment. any thoughts on this? do any of you really think that could clear up the dizziness? or was that some sort of band-aid solution? has this helped any of you with dizziness? even though earlier i was glad i got some sort of diagnosis, im feeling dizzy again tonight and worried. could it be something serious or am i a hypochondriac?
the meds seem to be helping a little
the meds seem to be helping a little
im done with the clarinex and today i took my first allegra-d pill. a couple hours later i felt really dizzy, nervous, and my heart was beating fast. i was shaky, thought i might pass out, and now my head feels like its floating above my body, it feels stuffed up and my ears keep feeling like they need to be popped. is this a normal side effect? should i stop the allegra and ask for something else? before today i felt like i was starting to get better with only a few instances of dizziness every so often(the disconnected feeling) but today it feels as bad as ever. its pretty humid and cold outside maybe thats it? ugh i need help
I have had similar symptoms. My ears plug up (mostly my right ear) and occasionally I have episodes of vertigo(dizziness). These episodes seem to coincide with the ear plugging up. The ear situation seems to kick in with spring allergy season, and persists through the summer and part of the fall. My sister in law has similar symptoms. She takes Zyrtec, and a prescription nasal spray when she feels her ears filling. As for me I did not find much in the way of over the counter drugs to help the allergy symptoms. However, I take Meclizine ( motion sickness tablets) to help relieve the dizziness when it occurs.

If there are others out there with these conditions who have found successful relief, please let me know.
Hey there!

I have had your exact same symptoms for close to two years now - incredibly frustrating to say the very least.  The only thing the doctors have ever noticed is that my eardrum is pulled in from allergic rhinitis with post-nasal drip.  Could you tell me if your treatment successfully helped you?  I'd love to get this fixed.

x
hi
m diagnosed with the same prob...first i thought its sinus..but i had headace..from last 1 1/2 month..i was worried if its something serious. still i have headace, pressure on my eyes, at back of my head aswell, dizziness is still there...doctor gave me a nasal spray and anti allergy tablets...m also taking asprin..now m feeling bit better...
try anti allery tablets...and asprin..it helps..

God bless us all
Hey peeps I av had the same thing for over a month now n I'm corrently on treatment n its working I gor roletra sinus pills,avymis nasal spray n menthol crystals that I inhale 2times daily n it help a whole lot!!! Neva thought I would got out of this sickness!