Ear, Nose & Throat Community
am from kenya

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

am from kenya

Hello , i am having alot of ear problem please help me. my ear's ring alot sometime time's it is like am in amazon jungle, and some time's they start like a loud generater sound. it is realy iritating and disturbing please help me. i had gone to the E.N.T and was given some medication but no change the sound's are the same and still there. and the most shocking thing is there is no way any ear drop's go into the ear! nothing goes in why is that? please help me .
Avatar_dr_f_tn
How are you? Tinnitus may present with a ringing, roaring,  or clicking sound in the ear and  may be associated with hearing loss, medication side effect, part of aging, or  a symptom of other health problems, such as allergies, high or low blood pressure, tumors and problems in the heart, blood vessels, jaw and neck. To make sure that the drops go in, you can have another person to give the drops if possible.  Lie on your side or tilt the affected ear upward and the dropper should be  directly over the ear and place the prescribed drops into the ear canal. Keeping the head tilted for several minutes  may also help. If the prescribed medication is not working, it is best that you inform your doctor about this and have this checked for proper management.  Take care and do keep us posted.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Tinnitus occurs with disorders affecting the external, the middle or the inner ear. In the outer ears cerumen impaction or external otitis,  in the middle ear fluid collection or  disease of the tympanic membrane and in the inner ear damage to the nerve endings can cause tinnitus. As a result of these disorders the external sounds are masked leading to awareness of normal body sounds. Treatment lies in treating the underlying cause. Sometimes "white noise" may help suppress the sound so that it's less bothersome using an electronic device. They are white noise machines, hearing aids, masking devices and tinnitus retraining with a training device. Please discuss this with your doctor am sure he will provide further assistance.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.