anoying itch/scratch in my throat
for the past 6 months i have had a itch/scratch feeling on one side of my throat. it acts up about 5 times a day. it almost makes me gag.i have tried antibiotics and garggling with salt water but nothing works.i dont think its a cold because im not coughing up any mucus, and its been a problem for so long and just wont go away its really starting to worry me any advice on how to get rid of it or what it is?  thanx
I've suffered with this for 17 years. I've been "diagnosed" (and given appropriate medications by several doctors) as having allergies, asthma, and GERD. None of the medications worked to stop the itching, which happens on one or the other side of my throat. I finally found a possible answer. VCD or vocal cord dysfunction. I talk a lot, am a teacher, singer. I saw something on the internet about it, and someone used a teaspoon of honey when the itch would begin. I did that, and it worked, and the itch left for a long time, but then it came back and, while the honey keeps it somewhat at bay, it's still there. Haven't a clue what it is, but I'm going back to the ENT soon for another looksee down my throat. Anyway, you're not alone. There's a whole bunch of us out there. Doesn't help the itch, but makes me worry less about it. In the mean time, check out VCD. It could be your answer.